Join the ALN
The Australian Lifeguard Network (ALN) is an online community of Pool Lifeguards and aquatic professionals that aims to share ideas, strengthen and develop the Australian lifeguarding and aquatic sector
- Supports lifeguarding as a genuine career opportunity
- Raises the standard of lifeguarding in Australia by supporting training and professional development
- Provides opportunities for the aquatics industry, and lifeguards in particular to come together and share ideas and experiences
- Provides access to industry leaders and experts
- Improves the level of safety through training; and
- Engages with industry about what they want and need from their network.
Membership to the ALN provides access to a range of in-service training modules and learning materials. In addition, the ALN hosts a regular blog discussing current industry issues, developments and trends.
The need for quality resources was shown in Royal Life Saving’s State of the Industry 2011 report that revealed more than 20 per cent of facilities failed to meet the ‘Guidelines for Safe Pool Operation’ (GSPO) requirements in the area of in-service training. A key focus of the ALN is to support the planning and delivery of in-service training, as well as the development of tools to support lifeguarding.
Lifeguard Challenge Series
The ALN Lifeguard Challenge Series combines pool lifesaving events with social activities and networking to refine rescue skills and emergency response all in a competitive and fun environment.
Guidelines for Safe Pool Operations
Members of the ALN are provided with FREE online access to the Guidelines for Safe Pool Operation. Members can access GSPO with their ALN Username and Password at www.guidelines.royallifesaving.com.au or via the links from the Australian Lifeguard Network website.