- HLTAID003 Provide First Aid
- HLTAID001 Provide Cardio Pulmonary
Compliant with Workplace Health and Safety requirements the Royal Life Saving First Aid training course will provide you with the knowledge and skills required to administer first aid to a victim of illness or injury until the arrival of professional medical help. Any one of us – parent, work colleague or passerby – irrespective of job or background, may have to give first aid at some time in our lives. That’s why “Everyone can be a lifesaver”. We should all be prepared.
This course will provide you with the ability to recognise basic signs and symptoms of various illnesses and injury and subsequent provision of appropriate treatment or assistance.
A First Aid training Course and Statement of Attainment (HLTAID003 Provide First Aid and HLTAID001 Provide Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation) from Royal Life Saving is recognised as a pre-requisite for employment and considered a mandatory requirement by the Aquatic and Recreation Industry and workplaces.
Delivery Mode options
Delivery modes vary depending on your selected course and may include:
- Face-to-Face – Classroom based includes theory, practical instruction and assessment
- Flexible delivery – Self-paced pre-learning and classroom based delivery.
- On-line - Self-paced E-learning before attending a face-to-face practical assessment. (First Aid in a BoxTM assessment is not available in all States and Territories. Please check with your local office before enrolment).
Please check delivery options available at the time of booking.
First Aid in a BoxTM
Stages of First Aid in a BoxTM
- Enrol and Complete the online learning at http://learning.royallifesaving.com.au
- Practice CPR with personal manikin and DVD.
- Attend a 2-3 hour Practical Workshop.
There is no prior learning required for the full course. Update courses require a current First Aid certificate. It is recommended that candidates are 14 in the calendar year they attempt the course. Candidates must also be able to perform CPR on a adult resuscitation manikin placed on the floor.
- Legal Aspects of First Aid
- Respiration and Circulation
- Victim Assessment
- Shock, Fainting and Anaphylaxis
- Breathing Emergencies (including asthma, choking, drowning, hyperventilation)
- Cardiac & Medical Conditions
- Traumatic Injury
- Overexposure to Heat and Cold
- Poisoning, Venomous Bites and Stings
- Workplace First Aid
- Slings and splints
- Micro session scenarios
Successful candidates will receive a:
- Royal Life Saving First Aid certificate (valid for 3 years – Resuscitation component valid for 12 months)
If required, a Statement of Attainment for Units of Competency from the HLT Health Training Package may be available:
- HLTAID003 Provide First Aid
- HLTAID001 Provide Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation
Units may go towards a credit in a Certificate III in Aquatics and Community Recreation from the SIS Sport, Fitness and Recreation Training Package.
Nationally recognised training is delivered across the following locations with:
Australian Capital Territory (ACT) - including Canberra metropolitan and surrounds
- Royal Life Saving Society ACT Branch (RTO 88175)
New South Wales (NSW) - including Sydney metropolitan and Illawarra, Hunter, Riverina, Northern and Western Regions
- Royal Life Saving Society Australia - NSW (RTO 90666)
· Northern Territory (NT) - including Darwin, Katherine and Alice Springs
- Royal Life Saving Society Australia – NT (RTO 0859)
· Queensland (QLD) - including Brisbane metropolitan, Far North and Regional Queensland
- Royal Life Saving Society QLD (RTO 5431)
· South Australia (SA) - including Adelaide metropolitan and regional areas
- Royal Life Saving Society Australia – South Australian Branch (RTO 0996)
· Tasmania (TAS) - including Hobart, Launceston and North West regions
- Royal Life Saving Society Australia – Tasmania Branch (RTO 0776)
- Courses run by Royal Life Saving Tasmania are delivered through Royal Life Saving Society QLD (RTO 5431)
· Victoria (VIC) - including Melbourne metropolitan and regional areas
- Life Saving Victoria (RTO 21799)
· Western Australia (WA) - including Perth metropolitan and regional areas
- Royal Life Saving Society Western Australia (RTO 0854)
Royal Life Saving Society - Australia (National Office) is not a Registered Training Organisation. All accredited training is delivered by the State and Territory Member Organisations (STMOs) as shown above.
To find a course closest to you, simply click on the scheduled courses search feature on the right of screen.