Swim and Survive
Swim and Survive is a national swimming and water safety initiative of Royal Life Saving that seeks to increase the swimming and water safety skills of Australian children in order to prevent drowning and increase participation in safe aquatic activity.
The Swim and Survive program has been teaching Australian children for 30 years in pools, schools and other aquatic locations across the country by qualified swimming and water safety instructors.
Swim and Survive ensures the essential components of personal survival and water safety are provided, in addition to a process of developing strong and effective swimming technique.
Wonder, Courage and Active have been chosen as the Swim and Survive program titles to reflect the hopes and aspirations of children and families as they embark on a lifetime of fun and safety in the water.
- Keep Watch
- Home Pool Safety
- Swim and Survive
State and Territory Activities
- ACT Primary Schools Program
- ACT Ministers Swim and Survive Certificate
- ACT Swim for Life Program
- ACT First Aid @ Home
- NT Water Safety Strategy 2012-2016
- NT Water Safety Week 2016
- NT Sunday Lifesaving Program
- NT Sunday Infant Aquatics
- NT Water Safety Awareness Program
- NT VACSWIM Program
- TAS AQUAVATE Conference
- Respect the River
- The Talk - For Over 55s
- Make It Safe - Portable Pool Safety
- Changed Swimming Pool Laws - Be Pool Safe
- Sinkers #DontDrinkAndSink
- Bronze Medallion
- Grey Medallion