- HLTCPR211A Perform CPR
Resuscitation refers to the actions taken to keep a casualty alive after their breathing and heartbeat has stopped. Resuscitation can mean the difference between life and death and early intervention with Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) can and will save lives. By taking the time to learn about resuscitation, you could save someone's life.
Royal Life Saving Resuscitation courses can give participants training and knowledge in a range of areas including Basic Life Support, CPR, Defibrillation, Oxygen Resuscitation and Emergency Care.
All Royal Life Saving resuscitation training is delivered in accordance with the Australian Resuscitation Council (ARC) Guidelines.
The Resuscitation certificate teaches the theoretical and practical experience in the lifesaving techniques of CPR and associated emergency care.
A Resuscitation Certificate from Royal Life Saving is recognised as a pre-requisite and a safety standard for many employment categories and industries.
Delivery Mode options
Delivery modes vary depending on your selected course and may include:
- Face-to-Face – Classroom based includes theory, practical instruction and assessment
- Flexible delivery – Self-paced pre-learning and classroom based delivery.
- On-line - Self-paced E-learning before attending a face-to-face practical assessment
Pre-requisitesThere is no prior learning required for full course enrolments. Update course enrolments require a current Resuscitation certificate. It is recommended that candidates are 12 in the calendar year they attempt the course.
Techniques of CPR including modifications for infants and children; emergency care of people suffering shock, choking or bleeding; the use of bystanders and how to contact emergency services; and the importance of defibrillation.
Checking for dangers and taking appropriate action; assessing the level of consciousness; clearing and opening the airway; checking for the presence or absence of breathing; positioning of the casualty for rescue breathing; performing simulated rescue breathing on a resuscitation manikin; locating the compression point for chest compression and demonstrating effective CPR on a manikin; demonstrating the appropriate action for a casualty who vomits or regurgitates; and placing the casualty in the recovery position.
Successful candidates will receive a:
- Royal Life Saving Resuscitation certificate (valid for 12 months)
- HLTCPR211A Perform CPR
Units may go towards a credit in a Certificate III in Aquatics from the SIS10 National Sport, Fitness and Recreation Training Package.
We deliver nationally recognised training across the following locations with:
- Resuscitation (CPR) Australian Capital Territory (ACT) - including Canberra metropolitan and surrounds
- Resuscitation (CPR) New South Wales (NSW) - including Sydney metropolitan and Illawarra, Hunter, Riverina, Northern and Western Regions
- Resuscitation (CPR) Northern Territory (NT) - including Darwin, Katherine and Alice Springs
- Resuscitation (CPR) Queensland (QLD) - including Brisbane metropolitan, Far North and Regional Queensland
- Resuscitation (CPR) South Australia (SA) - including Adelaide metropolitan and regional areas
- Resuscitation (CPR) Tasmania (TAS) - including Hobart, Launceston and North West regions
- Resuscitation (CPR) Victoria (VIC)
- Resuscitation (CPR) Western Australia (WA)