Royal Life Saving Society - New South Wales
Commendations are given to people from all walks of life and all sections of society who have displayed exceptional or exemplary effort in the rescue, attempted rescue, resuscitative attempt or application of first aid of another human being. Commendations may also recognise outstanding rescue management or individual displays of initiative & resourcefulness in the rescue or attempted rescue of another.
Who may make a nomination
Any person or persons may make a nomination by completing a nomination form and forwarding it to the RLS NSW Office.
Number and types of Commendations
There are various categories that a Commendation applicant may be nominated for. The categories recognise the achievements of those within NSW professional services (NSW Police, NSW Fire Brigade, NSW Rural Fire Service and NSW Ambulance Service), as well as those from community or government organisations (Royal Life Saving NSW, Surf Lifesaving NSW, Waterways Authority etc) and individual community members within NSW.
For more information, download a copy of the guidelines and nomination form:
Royal Life Saving NSW realises the importance of its volunteers and the significant role they play in educating people throughout the state in water safety, survival, rescue, resuscitation and first aid techniques in an effort to reduce injury and loss of life through drowning.
New South Wales Honours (issued by the New South Wales Branch)
- Certificate of Appreciation - (On recommendation)
- Associate Award - Five years service
- Distinguished Service Award - Ten years service
- Long Service Star - Fifteen years service
- Life Membership - Twenty years service
Nominations are called for the Russell Crane Cup, the Derek Emery Memorial Trophy the Sir Walter Leonard Memorial Trophy, the John Stacpoole Memorial Trophy and the Lesley-del Kinscher Memorial Trophy.
- Russell Crane Cup - For outstanding service in promoting The Society in the community during the previous year.
- Derek Emery Memorial Trophy - For outstanding service in promoting The Society in the community during the previous year, by a person under 21 years of age.
- Sir Walter Leonard Memorial Trophy - For achievement in life saving by a person with a disability or working with people with a disability.
- John Stacpoole Memorial Trophy - For outstanding service by an individual in the sport of Pool Lifesaving and the recipient may be an administrator, official or club member.
- Lesley-del Kinscher Memorial Trophy - For excellence in Indigenous Studies by an outstanding student or teacher in lifesaving from an indigenous program conducted by Royal Life Saving throughout New South Wales.
If you feel that a person in your community, school, club or area deserves to be recognised for their dedication and commitment, download a Nomination Form and return to the Society's Office.
If you have any questions please do not hesitate to telephone Royal Life Saving NSW on (02) 9634 3700.