Royal Life Saving Society – Australia is focussed on reducing drowning and promoting active and healthy communities throughout Australia.
By working within communities, Royal Life Saving is able to provide a range of activities and programs, while creating training, leadership and employment opportunities for local people.
Our community projects also target:
- social and economic issues such as at-risk populations
- the use of aquatic facilities
- chronic disease
- employment and training
To ensure that all Australians have the opportunity to learn essential swimming and water safety knowledge and skills, Royal Life Saving works with many groups and communities including:
Our research shows that Aboriginal Australians are four times more likely to die from drowning than other Australians.
To reduce this high incidence rate of drowning among Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander (ATSI) people, programs have been created and delivered across Australia by Royal Life Saving State and Territory Member Organisations.
Regional and remote communities
Royal Life Saving is committed to community development in regional and remote locations across Australia, providing training, participation and leadership development opportunities.
Learn more about what programs are being implemented in:
Culturally and linguistically diverse communities
Royal Life Saving works with many Culturally and Linguistically Diverse (CALD) communities, tailoring programs to ensure new Australians or those from backgrounds without a strong aquatic heritage receive every opportunity to learn swimming and water safety skills and education.
DisabilitiesSport and recreation make an important contribution to the health and wellbeing of all people, particularly people with disabilities. However, due to physical and attitudinal barriers, people with disabilities often find it challenging to make these activities a part of their life.
- Keep Watch
- Keep Watch Home Pool Safety
- Swim and Survive
- SWIM MY WAY
State and Territory Activities
- ACT Jobs Board
- ACT Schools Program
- ACT Ministers Swim and Survive Certificate
- ACT Junior Lifeguard Club
- ACT Swim for Life Program
- ACT Ngadyung Program
- ACT First Aid @ Home
- NT Water Safety Strategy 2017-2021
- NT Water Safety Week 2018
- NT Sunday Lifesaving Program
- NT Sunday Infant Aquatics
- NT Water Safety Awareness Program
- NT VACSWIM and Swim and Survive Bootcamp Program
- Respect the River
- Don't Let Your Mates Drink and Drown
- The Talk - For Over 55s
- Make It Safe - Portable Pool Safety
- Changed Swimming Pool Laws - Be Pool Safe
- Sinkers #DontDrinkAndSink
- Bronze Medallion
- Grey Medallion
- Community Development