Keep Watch Community Help Grants
Royal Life Saving is committed to supporting children and families impacted by non-fatal drowning.
The Keep Watch Community Help Grants program is offering support to families in New South Wales (Greater Sydney) and Western Australia.
New South Wales
Royal Life Saving, in partnership with the John Paul Foundation, will support child victims of non-fatal drowning and their families to access practical measures to improve their health and wellbeing.
The Keep Watch Community Help Grants offer up to $2,500 to help families access the resources, services, therapies, and modifications they need to make positive changes in their lives.
Who are they for?
The Keep Watch Community Help Grants are for families and legal guardians of any child under 18 in Greater Sydney who has been impacted by a drowning, or has suffered permanent injuries as a result of a non-fatal drowning.
Grants are open year-round, so families can access the assistance as and when they need it. Applicants can only be successful every second year.
What can the grant be used for?
Community Help Grants can be used for any service, resource, treatment, therapy, modification or item that they feel with make a different to the child’s care and welfare, or that of the family.
These may include (but aren’t limited to):
- Home or vehicle modifications
- Furniture or equipment, such as hoists, wheelchairs, slide mats, communication aids, complementary therapy equipment etc.
- Repairs and/or maintenance to existing equipment, modifications or technology
- Specialised disability, allied and complementary therapies to support health and wellbeing
- Counselling and respite support for the family
How do I apply?
Download and complete the Community Help Grants Application Form and return it to firstname.lastname@example.org. The team at Royal Life Saving will assess your application, and notify you of the outcome within three weeks.
The Community Help Grants are only available to people living in the Greater Sydney area, who have not received funding for the good or service from any other source. Successful applicants will be required to provide Royal Life Saving with tax invoices for the goods or services in order for the grant to be paid directly to the supplier.
The Greater Sydney includes the following local government areas:
For more information or to discuss your application, please contact Royal Life Saving on 02 8217 3110.
Royal Life Saving Society WA is providing support for these families through our Keep Watch Community Help Grants.
These grants, of up to $2,500 each, can provide financial assistance for counseling, therapy, equipment, modifications, technology purchase or other resources or items to help make a difference in the lives of children impacted by a non-fatal drowning incident.
- Keep Watch
- Keep Watch Home Pool Safety
- Keep Watch Community Help Grants
State and Territory Activities
- ACT Jobs Board
- ACT Schools Program
- ACT Ministers Swim and Survive Certificate
- ACT Junior Lifeguard Club
- ACT Swim for Life Program
- ACT Ngadyung Program
- ACT First Aid @ Home
- NT Water Safety Strategy 2017-2021
- NT Stay Out of Pipes and Drains
- NT Sunday Lifesaving Program
- NT Infant Aquatics Program
- NT Water Safety Awareness Program
- NT VACSWIM and Swim and Survive Bootcamp Program
- National Swimming and Water Safety Framework
- Swim and Survive
- SWIM MY WAY
- Make It Safe
- Make the Right Call
- Respect the River
- The Talk - For Over 55s
- Changed Swimming Pool Laws - Be Pool Safe
- Bronze Medallion
- Grey Medallion
- Swim Ready
- Community Development