Drowning prevention for all
Find out more about how you can keep yourself and your loved ones safe around the water with practical culturally appropriate advice based on research.
We want you and your family to love and enjoy the water but to do so safely.
At home or out and about
Learn more about what you can do to keep children safe around water at home and how you can keep everyone safe when you are out and about enjoying Australia's beautiful pools, waterways and beaches.
Health Benefits of Swimming
Swimming has been shown to help prevent or manage many chronic diseases, as well as improving overall physiological and psychological health.
- Improves coordination, balance and posture
- Alleviates stress and improves general mental health and wellbeing.
- Builds endurance, muscle strength and tone
- Improves immunity and decreases inflammation
- Keeps joints flexible
- Increases respiratory capacity and function
- Improves cardiovascular fitness and health
- Helps to maintain a healthy bodyweight.
Drowning is preventable. Understanding the risks and knowing how to assess dangers will help you to make the right decisions to keep everyone safe.
OUR MAJOR PARTNER
The Australian Government provides significant support and funding for Royal Life Saving's drowning prevention initiatives and activities, including swimming and water safety education programs, community awareness campaigns and industry support.