In 1996, Royal Life Saving introduced the Aquatic Facility Safety Assessment (AFSA) which provides an expert and comprehensive assessment of the operations of an aquatic facility against the provisions of the Guidelines for Safe Pool Operation, Australian Standards and relevant State and Territory legislation.
The AFSA is the easiest and most effective way to gain a true assessment of the level of safety and compliance within an aquatic facility and for pool owners and operators to ensure that their facility is being managed in line with current expectations and standards.
- Benchmark current performance against industry standards and best practice
- Gain independent and expert information and advice
- Encourage continual improvement at your aquatic facility
- Support the training and educational needs of key facility representatives
- Stay current with regulatory changes
- Reduce the likelihood and consequence of aquatic related injury and death in your facility
- Demonstrate the use of a formal risk management process
- Maintain a working relationship with the peak industry body
- Achieve recognition for safety practices
- Reduce legal risk
All pools are eligible